[3830] TxQP K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimk8mr@aol.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:19:26 -0700
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:    8      0
   40:   16      9
   20:  139     31
   15:    5      0
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:  168     40      0  Mults = 119  Total Score = 69,469

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

It was fun chasing the Texans around Texas, especially K5OT who has chased me
around several states.

I was glad to make TXCC in one weekend, though my evolving goal of working half
the counties came up dry when the contest ended a couple of hours sooner than I
had expected.

I found a 15 meter opening to west Texas around 0000z, thanks to K5NA's second
radio CQing on an otherwise dead band, but of course there weren't many folks
up there. I tried moving N5DO to 10 with no luck, though there were lots of
signals up there, from south of the border CBers.

40 CW, as is usual these days, was laid waste by the RTTY guys. Most of my qsos
there were in the daytime, including N5DO at 1 pm EDT Saturday.

See you all, both from Texas and elsewhere, in 3 weeks when I hit the roads of
Pennsylvania as W3USA/M.