[3830] CQ WW RTTY NO2T SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, NO2T@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY NO2T SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:47:38 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: NO2T
Operator(s): NO2T
Station: NO2T

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 28
Radios: SO2R

   80:   58   103       25      17    11
   40:  212   428       37      46    20
   20:  695  1728       37      86    27
   15:   97   274        5      39    14
   10:
Total: 1062  2533      104     188    72  Total Score = 922,012

Club: East Coast DX Assn.

Comments:

Boy, Saturday evening and Sunday morning was bad! The K index hit 5 and thought
my coax had been cut. It seemed forever before the European DX could be heard
and worked.
Used a Software defined radio this year (SDR-1000) and it was awesome! In fact,
for all intensive purposes went to SO1R with it rather than SO2R with the MK-V.
Switched my big linear and highest antennas (if 60 feet can be considered high)
to the SDR. After using the SDR the other radios seem deficient. They being the
MK-V Field and IC-781.
Thanks for all the Q's, and if I seemed close to any other stations please
forgive me since this is the first time ever that I had no QRM from stations on
either side of me. Only when looking at the display could see many 40 and 60
over 9 signals on each side, but never heard them while digging out the weak
and watery Eu's.
Wished I could have sat in the chair longer , but had other "Honey do's". Plus
my age of 77!
See you all next year and hope the sun shines a little brighter(more sun spots)
on all of us.

    73 de Jerry NO2T