[3830] CQ WW RTTY ON5KQ SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY ON5KQ SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 03:13:03 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: ON5KQ
Operator(s): ON5KQ
Station: ON5KQ

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Brugge
Operating Time (hrs): 33

   80:
   40:  888  2007      31      92    29
   20:
   15:
   10:
Total:  888  2007      31      92    29  Total Score = 305,064

Club:

Comments:

Bad condx, unfortunately ! The more in the north higher the score on the
looserlist...
Northern EU cannot compete with this situation with Southern EU. That's why I
kept it rather casual - and even went slept part of the second night...

I had a lot of fun, though ! It is amazing how well my 4square is doing. Not
only that it simply produce a strong signal - in these fuzzy condx it is very
useful to switch directions instantly.

For a fraction of the cost of a superstation this system is probably the best
beam system for the poor man station...:-)
The altenative would be multiple towers of at least 70feet with multiple 3 ele
yagis on 40m... impossible..

Many many conducted tests over the last 12 month shows that the 4square is at
least the same than a 3 ele yagi @ 70 feet with 10..12m boom. The reason is my
2000m2 steelroof counterpoise together with saltwater sourrounding the building
(see foto's at www.on5kq.be - website will also soon be updated with more
content)

Thanks for all calling me...
Next contest is Oceania DX contest