[3830] CQ WW RTTY NB1B(@W1KM) M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY NB1B(@W1KM) M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 13:36:39 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: NB1B
Operator(s): NB1B, K3NA, W1FJ
Station: W1KM

Class: M/M HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:  504   990       52      59    19
   40:  764  1647       52      82    27
   20:  981  2307       51     100    30
   15:  317   840       24      64    20
   10:   32    58        8       9     7
Total: 2598   187      187     314   103  Total Score = 3,527,964

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Condx no better than poor.  Sunday was a real grind- only 38% of our QSOs were
made on Sunday GMT.  Nothing we did seemed to generate much of a pileup on
Sunday; we'd get a run going for 20 minutes, then nothing.  Even as a MM, we
only had 6 hours where the combined rate of all stations was over 100.

We did this as a 2 1/2 man MM.  Prior to this contest, Al W1FJ had never made a
RTTY QSO in his life;  he learned quickly, and was missed after he left Saturday
night.  Both Eric K3NA and I had the chance to do MO2R- just like SO2R, but you
didn't have to be at all concerned with when any one was transmitting.

We also did this a shake-out for the Fall contest season.  We uncovered several
things that we need to get corrected before CQWW SSB and CW.  Our 15M score, in
particular, suffered as we didn't have a 15M antenna that would turn (the 6el
was stuck on Europe).  That was okay on Saturday, with a nice European opening,
but there was no such opening on Sunday.

Thanks to everyone for the Q's.  Despite the poor conditions, we had a ball of
fun!

Dennis NB1B