[3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dsthill@cbcbarbados.bb
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 18:09:12 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P2K

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 36+

   80:
   40:
   20: 1085  2700      53      85    28
   15:
   10:
Total: 1085  2700      53      85    28  Total Score = 448,200

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Another enjoyable contest, despite the very very poor band conditions at my end
here in the Caribbean. It started out quite nicely witha solid first hour of 55
Q's during the first 50 minutes. Then the propagation got switched off.

After that it was just tough going until about 09:30 UTC when signals started
coming in from Europe. That's quite late by our usual standard, but that's the
propagation blues.

This contest I used three main antennas. A fixed C3SS tribander pointed to the
USA, a rotary C3E and a two-vertical array using a quadrature feed pointed
north-south. These antennas were all tied together with an array solutions
stackmatch allowing any combination on demand. This system worked very very
well.

It was interesting not to find any stations from SD, ND or WY, no-one from zone
2 and never found a couple other easy mults - C'est la vie.

Congrats to the stations with some truly amazing scores both Single Band, SOAB
and some of the Multi's. great to see scores like that despite the poor
conditions.

Dean - 8P6SH