[3830] CaQP K6NA(N6ED) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ed@geocities.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6NA(N6ED) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 11:37:21 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6NA
Operator(s): N6ED
Station: K6NA

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    48     16
   80:   107    147
   40:   287    330
   20:   447    608
   15:   182    308
   10:    23      3
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1094   1412  Mults = 58  Total Score = 354,148

Club:

Comments:

This was another marathon CQP!!!

Thanks to Glenn and his wife for wonderful hospitality!!
Overall a pretty good year for CQP and a great tune-up for the fall season for
all of us.  I certainly dusted off a little rust!!
I felt pretty good at the end and not as tired as I usually am.
Sunday was definately a little more of a drag than usual, felt a little like SS
Sunday!
Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hi Glenn.  It's Craig at the mic/key
but the messages do get passed!

73 till next year/next contest!
See you all in SS and beyond!  Maybe even in RAC for my ON buddies!
Craig, N6ED

A few observations:

Loud guys: N8BJQ takes the cake, N5DO, K7RL on 160 WOW what a signal!

Glad to see I didn't miss the 10m opening!!

15m was wayyyy under populated for the propagation on Saturday.
It was wide open!!!  I am sure I lost ground to my contenders by starting
there.

With a perceived "low spot in cycle activity" more people tended to CW rather
than SSB so the proportion was different than other years.

Sweep was not easy this year.  I had to wait till Sunday for VT and HI.  Only
logged 1 station in VT, YNWT, and SK.  Thanks to VE5SF and VY1 guy for getting
on!  J we miss you!!!

Contest Club Ontario ROCKS!

CA activity definately seemed down this year so we may have to institute the
"calling tree" for next year to make sure all our casual guys get on in force.