[3830] PaQP N6ED Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ed@geocities.com
Subject: [3830] PaQP N6ED Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:57:08 -0700
                    Pennsylvania QSO Party

Call: N6ED
Operator(s): N6ED
Station: N6ED

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:
   80:
   40:   65     12
   20:   59    183
   15:    6      4
   10:
    6:
    2:
---------------------------------------
Total:  130    199      0         0  Mults = 62  Total Score = 27,228.0

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a 20m contest for us out west of the Mississippi.  Most everyone I
asked to QSY to 15m was unwilling even though I has successfully moved a couple
guys and they were S-9 or better.  Oh well!

Anyway, had a hard time generating CW QSO's as there seemed to be little
activity on that mode.  I had to work at it!  CQing did generate some good
results on 20m.  Most guys vacated 20 and went straight to 80m and left me
CQing by myself on 40.  I was suprised that with all the SSB activity on 20
that 40SSB was so desolate!!!  I managed to log some on CW to at least make it
worth my time.

Looks like activity in a few counties was missing but I managed 62 which I
thought was pretty good!!  W3USA/M was the MAN!!!!
N3SH stations were well represented (worked 14 times).  I wish they would have
all signed /cty so I knew where they were.  It was a little confusing if I
logged them as /m or no portable designator, etc.

Signals to note: AA3B, K3WW, W3ZI.....knocking our socks off !!!

Crazy fist award goes to NI3S who was sending 42 WPM.

Several QRP guys had great signals, kudos guys!

Overall had a good time.  I missed much of Sunday due to church and my "secret
weapon" antenna project that I am happy to say is complete.  Looks like I beat
the 23-year old LAX record by 160% so maybe that will stick for a year or
two!!

Good job to the organizers!!  I thought I better pay you guys back after the
great showing in CQP last weekend.  Keep getting those counties activated and
hope for a sweep next time!

73, Craig N6ED