[3830] CQWW SSB W0AH SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W0AH SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 18:12:02 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0AH
Operator(s): W0AH
Station: W0AH

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 33

  160:    9     3        5
   80:   44    13       21
   40:   92    15       40
   20:  260    23       83
   15:  310    26       91
   10:  104    14       33
------------------------------

Club: Carolina DX Association

Comments:

East coast contesting is a blast! Am now offically licensed in SC and operating
from new house.  Joined Carolina DX Association because of their promotion of
contesting and because I know some of the guys.  Conditions were really super
Saturday. I couldn't believe 15M could be so good at the sunspot minimum.  On
the other hand 80 and 160M were quite noisy.  For the weekend, I put up some
wire antennas, almost field day style. The 80M sloping vertical and the 160M
inverted L which were put up on Thursday and almost touch at the top of my 54'
tower (where I have only VHF antennas) share 15 temporary radials at ground
level even though they are about 25' apart.  On 40M I used a 160M FW loop some
20' above ground.  Also on Thurday, I put up a trap dipole, one of the driven
elements of a TH7, at 39' on a temporary tower and was amazed at how well it
worked on 10/15/20!  Can't wait to get my Hygain Hytower up next week and the
TH7 up next year.  Thanks for all the Qs, and CU in the WWCW, both SS, and the
160M test using low power and unity gain antennas.