[3830] CQWW SSB VE1DHD SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve1dhd@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE1DHD SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 05:07:00 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE1DHD
Operator(s): VE1DHD
Station: VE1DHD

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Seabright, NS
Operating Time (hrs): 26.18

  160:   54     3        2
   80:   17     3        2
   40:   30     6       10
   20:  518    22       85
   15:  357    17       59
   10:   55     3        3
------------------------------
Total: 1032    54      161  Total Score = 487,190

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

What a great weekend.  This was my best effort yet as far as solo contesting
from home.  My new DX-sloper worked great for me on 160 but I am still
disappointed at not being able to get more of the mults on 40 and 80.  I can
hear them, but at 95W, they just donâ??t hear me! :-(

Friday evening and Saturday were particularly good for me.  I spent a lot of
time before the contest working out Propagation Predictions but in the end, I
just followed my gut and when 15 opened and stayed open I worked it to death
and was even surprised by a bit of an opening on 10m too.  Sunday was another
story.  I feared that the winds would be a problem, so set my beam on Europe
late Saturday evening.  However, Europe seemed not to open very quickly for me
at any rate, and there I was stuck pointed NE for most of the day.  When there
was finally a break in the gale about 4pm I managed to nurse the beam around to
SW (BOY, would a StepIR have been nice in this condition!!!) and then had to
leave it fixed.  BOY, were the winds high out here on the coast!!

In the final analysis, I am quite pleased with my effort.

73  Howard â?? VE1DHD