[3830] CQWW SSB 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB(A)/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB(A)/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 19:34:53 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P2K

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1494    31      107
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1494    31      107  Total Score = 481,344

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

What a tough contest from this end. Propagation seemed tough especially on day 1
and it did not help that I had to attend an AGM and missed about 8 hours of
prime time from about 18:00hrs on Day 1. This meant that I only achieved about
50% of my goals. Still, it was nice to work quite a few good DX stations
including 3X, 6W, 5Z, 9K, 9M2, XF4 and VK9N. Regretably I also missed a few
good ones including J3A and A71EM who was very loud here in the Caribbean, but
who couldn't hear me through the wall of EU's.

Also had a strange situation where my flavour of Windows XP pro did not seem to
work well with my Micro-Keyer and Writelog. As a result the voice keying
function refused to work. I finally decided to revive an old MFJ unit on Sunday
-- and it had quite a bit of a buzz, so regrets to those who had to endure the
buzz. I tried everything -- toroids, foil, grounding, nothing worked, but it
helped me keep my run frequency for the last few hours of the contest for about
900 Q's.

Thanks to all the stations who responded to my CQ's and to all the great
stations that go to various parts of the globe to make contacts during the CQ
WW contest.

Dean - 8P2K