[3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KB1H M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 07:04:52 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KB1H
Operator(s): KB1H,NB1U,W1TJL,KB1DFB,N1GKI,K1IN,N1QAE,KM1X
Station: KB1H

Class: M/M HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  141    10       38
   80:  193    19       71
   40:  315    26       97
   20:  873    34      132
   15:  555    29      112
   10:  244    21       71
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I had better start this off with saying we had fun. The final score was
 disappointing but we did the best we could with the limited operating
 time each of us had. Obvious from the lack QSOs we surely miss our
 operators that run. Hopefully a few will be back and a few new ones
 found or developed. Only one operator was here the full 48 hours and
 most of the time only two people in the chairs. The last two hours
 W1TJL operated alone.

 The weather sure played havoc with most of us. Lots of precip noise
 on the upper antennas and a short power failure on Friday night.

 Saturday on 10 meters was a pleasant surprise. Even later Sunday
 South America added to the QSO total.

 I guess we tell our mistakes so others can learn. On Saturday I
 did not get out in the barn until almost 11 AM local time. Signals
 on 15M were strong and I could not understand why the operator was
 not running. He said people he called answered but could not get
 a run going. I said let me try! I sat down and before I called CQ
 I noticed that the radio was set on the 160M inverted Vee! Two
 points to mention. First though simple, the antenna switching here
 at KB1H is manual. You have to have the correct antenna selected
 at both the Daiwa switches and the antenna tuner at the operating
 position. When operators only use your station twice per year
 operating procedures are forgotten. A more fool proof method would be
 definitely better. We probably lost 3-4 hours of prime running time
 on 15M that Saturday morning.

 Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and I am sure we will do better
 in our preferred mode of CW.