[3830] CQWW SSB M8C M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB M8C M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 00:57:57 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: M8C
Operator(s): G0VJG M3CVN M3RCV G3SXE VE3SRE G4BUO G7GLW M0MYC M3NBT M3PHP M3JFM
G1BUO G8ITB M0CRY G0FDZ
Station: M8C

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Dartford, England
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  269     9       44
   80:  921    12       70
   40:  446    17       79
   20: 1302    36      123
   15: 1319    32      120
   10:  603    22       87
------------------------------

Club: Cray Valley Radio Society

Comments:

In the Cray Valley RS's 60th anniversary year, this was a good team effort. We
have a good radio site at Dartford, but it's not really big enough for an M2
station. The topband dipole had to be stretched out across an adjoining
car park after dark, and we had no receive antennas.

Plenty of club members turned up to help and/or operate, and we had some
good runs especially on Saturday. 10m conditions were awesome for the
bottom of the cycle: while turning the beam to pick up K3NA, I paused
the CQ and was very surprised to be called by HS0ZEE! OA4WW was a big
disappointment on 40m, I'm pretty sure he was hearing us but wouldn't
make the QSO so we lost the double mult. DJ4PT also gave us a lot of
grief on 20m on Sunday afternoon.

One of our members G3SXE usually joins a Canadian team in zone 2 but
this year it was the turn of Bob VE3SRE to join us, he couldn't get over
the lack of snow!