[3830] CQWW SSB ES5TV SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB ES5TV SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 09:45:35 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: ES5TV
Operator(s): ES5TV
Station: ES5TV

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Jogeva
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:  372     9       55
   80:  599    23       83
   40:  909    30       97
   20: 1812    38      134
   15:  818    30      117
   10:  389    15       73
------------------------------

Club: Tartu Contest Team

Comments:

That was a difficult one. Horrible conditions and score is over 1 mio down from
last year although station was better including 160 full size 4 Square up just
on Friday before the contest.

Exhausting antenna work and no time for rest before the contest forced me to
take a 3 hour break and nap during the 2nd night. Just could not stay up and
focus any more. At a time I thought it would not mean much but this ca 200 000
points could still make a difference now - look forward to OH8X score that
should be in the same range as mine. CU2A is in the other league and S50A also
has a comfortable lead. Congratulations guys!

10 meters open to East was a nice surprise. Were semi-joking with VK6HD on 15m
that let's work on 10m later and it actually happened! Thank you Mike! Had I
known I will miss 29th zone on 20m would have tried to QSY. That is a shame
indeed! The second missing zone was 1st. Never heard a KL7 anywhere.

I am quite happy with the multiplier total that is better than last year. Lack
of good US propagation on 20m (less than 500 NA in total while working over
1100 US-VE in WAE just a while ago!!!) gave a lot of time for S&P with second
radio. Also thanks to many nice mults for moving with me, ZC4CW, XX9C, XU7ADX,
VP9I, TU2/F5LDY, ST2T, HQ9R, HI9L, C52T, 7Z1SJ, 6W1SE, 3XM6JR, ZM2M, OY9R,
5R8FU and several others. Counted about 50 extra mults from QSY-s.

8R1EA has an incredible signal on 15m. Well heard long after the band was dead
and nobody else on. Reading about the modest set-up there makes me wonder even
more. Must have been a great QTH. Outstanding effort indeed!

But the biggest thrill of the contest and maybe of all the CQWW-s so far for me
definitely was KH7X calling in on 80m long path Sunday morning. I have never
worked KH6 before on 80m in my life, contest or otherwise. With those lousy
conditions this would have been the last thing to expect. I was stunned after
finally getting the call through the noise. Thank you Mike for patience!!

As Steve, GW4BLE, I also have fresh QSL-s ready now and can finally settle all
my debts to many patience guys waiting. Sorry fot that.

Not sure abt CW yet, will maybe do multi op, kind of torture is this 48h
thing:)

73
Tonno
ES5TV