[3830] SS CW KR2Q Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KR2Q Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 17:56:45 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KR2Q
Operator(s): KR2Q
Station: KR2Q

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 18.0

------------
  160:    7
   80:   16
   40:  328
   20:  148
   15:   33
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

First, I have to thank K2TTT and especially KU2M for helping me with the
tower/antenna work immediately prior to the contest (like raising the beams
within  hours [minutes] of the contest).  Had no antenna for 80m, so use the
160 wire fed with coax.  Now that's really qrp!  Hope to get my second tower
"working" for CQWW (along with putting back my south antenna) -- all I need is
time and a working left hand.

This was my first time doing more than just a dabble in an SS (in over 30 years
of contesting).  Though only 18 hours, I had a good time.

Could not believe the huge pile on VE4VV on 20m (one of two sections I still
needed at that point).  After listening, leaving, and coming back for too many
minutes, I left for good.  And, of course, I then found him on 40m an hour
later, begging...one call qrp = NICE! Gotta love these guys with good ears.

Only missed NT.

This was also the first time I've used my Elecraft K2 under contest conditions.
 Great radio for crowded band condx!  I was VERY impressed with the performance.
 The bands (esp 40/160) sounded very, very clean.  Easy listening.  It's a
keeper.

de Doug KR2Q