[3830] SS CW N2WN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW N2WN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 04:53:22 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N2WN
Operator(s): N2WN
Station: N2WN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18

------------
  160:    5
   80:  167
   40:  130
   20:   87
   15:   51
   10:
------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Started off rough, and for the most part my heart wasn't into it. We lost our
collie, Oreo, Thursday night. He was 12 and my shadow. I think he knew more
about my antennas than I ever will. Miss you buddy...

As to the fray, just couldn't manage to get anything going on 20M. 80 was my
money band, between the 1/4 wave vertical and squashed half square that was
hastily erected the band fairly cooked here. There was even decent activity the
first night on 160, never heard a peep on 10.

OK, where was ol' Miss? Never heard a single station from there or NL. VE4VV
and VY1JA were mobbed, tough for a QRP station to break thru, still considering
some of the numbers from QRP stations (and there were a plethora of us) I'm
speculating that a new record may be set. N0NI had an awesome number midway
into the contest. Plenty of KL7, ND, SD, and DE stations. Didn't hear as many
VE's as I would have hoped for even on 80.

Thanks for all the QSOs and patience.

73,
Julius
n2wn

Elecraft K2 #3311, KAT2
4 element SteppIr @ 55'
40M sloper
80M 1/4 wave vertical and squashed half square (which doubled as my 160 ant)