[3830] SS CW N4OGW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rt_clay@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N4OGW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 08:43:23 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N4OGW
Operator(s): N4OGW
Station: N4OGW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    1
   80:  282
   40:  515
   20:  300
   15:   46
   10:    0
------------

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

This one went really well until Sunday evening, when qrn basically shut me down.
Checking after the contest, there was a line of thunderstorms to the west of
here, which should arrive here monday.

Saturday went well, 80 and 40 were really good. I finished Saturday with 60
more qso's than last year, so I thought 1200 qso's might be possible. But I
knew the other western and southern A-stations (K7BG, K0EU, ...) would run away
on the high bands unless I had propagation to W1/W2/W3 and W8/W9 on two bands. I
can work W1/W2/W3 from here on 20m, but usually not W8/W9 on 20m, so that
requires 80 in addition to 40.

I made my first ever qso on 160 in the "activity hour". Too bad it wasn't
scheduled for saturday!

Missed VE4. Never heard one. Propagation seemed ok, as I worked two NT's and a
bunch of VE5's and VE6's.

73
Tor

station: