[3830] SS CW VE9DX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW VE9DX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 15:07:35 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: VE9DX
Operator(s): VE9DX
Station: VE9DX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NB - Mar
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:   29
   80:  175
   40:   99
   20:  296
   15:   61
   10:    0
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

My intent was to get on and give out a few points.  Saw Tree,s posting re using
160 and I did want to try out a new MA160V vertical by Cushcraft.  Felt it
might be a good chance to give it the smoke test.  02:00 was mentioned so I was
there.  Worked several Saturday evening and a few more Sunday.  Only have 10
short radials under it.  Seems to work fine and hears well.  Actually heard
some west coast stations on Sunday evening but all were already worked on other
bands.
Also wanted to see Livescores in action so stuck around.  Was interesting
wacthing VA7ST's score.  I was close at one point well within 80' q's with only
a couple hours to go.  15 and 20 were dead by then or very close to it.  40 was
not great so hit 80.  Great run there.  Couple minutes left in the SS and Bud
and I were neck and neck.  When all was said and done I pulled ahead by 2 q's
and 1 section.
The hard section for me was SB...  Finally completed my sweep mid afternoon
Sunday.
Never heard one signal in 10.  Checked hourly during the day.
Thanks to everyone who called in.  Seemed to be a great Canadian turn out this
year.
I can assue you, I will not turn in a score like this for SSB.
73 Andy (VE9DX)
ve9dx@rac.ca

Rig: 30 watts
Antenna's
160 MA160V
80 Dipole up 25 feet
40, 20 and 15  All band Butternut vertical.