[3830] K2WK - ARRL SS CW - SO, Unlimited, HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>, "CVCC, To Post" <cvcc@mailman.qth.Net>,"Pvrc Reflector" <pvrc@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: [3830] K2WK - ARRL SS CW - SO, Unlimited, HP
From: "Walt Kornienko" <k2wk@copper.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 13:09:57 -0500

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K2WK

Operator(s): K2WK

Station: W4MYA

Class: Single Op, Unlimited, HP

QTH: Goochland, VA

Operating Time (hrs): 24

 Band  QSOs

------------

  160:

   80:

   40:  948

   20:

   15:   54

   10:

------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

          I would like to thank Bob, W4MYA, for the use of his superb
station.

          He is a most gracious host and I've learned things from him, which

          after 40 years, have eluded me.  With our in-shack competition,

          I was able to achieve a personal best in SS CW, and he made sure I

          stayed planted in the chair :)  Above all, I had a great time and
hope

          he asks me back for more fun.

          This was my 2nd contest (last week's CQWW SSB being the first)
that

          I've operated in almost 6 years. It's nice to be back and it was a
real thrill

          working many old friends. During WW Phone I realized I've become

          dyslexic in my old age. I used to transpose numbers as a regular
course,

          but now  I have a tough time translating phonetic call signs I
hear to

          keystrokes on the keyboard. So I apologize to all whose call I
bastardized.

          It's just an OF trying to (re)learn new (old) tricks.  Hope to see
y'all in

          upcoming events and in all the pileups.

                              73 de Walt - K2WK - Gordonsville, Virginia