[3830] CQWW SSB KH7X(KH6ND) SOSB/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kh6nd@hawaii.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KH7X(KH6ND) SOSB/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 00:24:46 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KH7X
Operator(s): KH6ND
Station: KH6YY

Class: SOSB/80 HP
QTH: Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 29.5

  160:
   80: 1160    28       65
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1160    28       65  Total Score = 308,667

Club:

Comments:

The worst conditions I have ever experienced on this band from this station in
28 years of operation. No Zone 14 heard, only 1 Zone 16 station heard, and
impossible to work him with the less than 1 second he spent listening between
his CQ's. Only 4 EU stations worked, all in Zone 15, and all via long path,
with much time invested calling 3 out of 4. The only EU station that called me
was OH6XX, 1.5 hours before my sunrise, via long path. Thanks for listening, my
friend.

We worked every weekend for 2 months prior to this contest doing a complete
rebuild of the 80 meter tower, the guying system, and erecting a new 2 element
opti-beam yagi with the hope of being ready for this Oceania record attempt...
Many thanks to Alex, KH6YY for embracing, and continuing the tradition into the
4th decade, and to KH7U, AH6OZ, NH6UY, and my buddy Mike, who I used to do
towers for a living with, for all their hard work each and every weekend
leading up to the CQ WW SSB.

Even with the lousy conditions, this is 18% more QSO's, and 9% more multipliers
 than ever before in a CQ WW SSB weekend from this station, and exceeds the
oldest Oceania record on the books set in 1985 by 28%.

The antenna is definitely working, we can only hope that the conditions for CW
will be better. Many thanks for all the QSO's, hope to see you all later this
month on a better mode, in improved conditions.

Aloha-

Mike
KH6ND