[3830] SS SSB KT4W(@N3HBX) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4w@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KT4W(@N3HBX) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 06:01:19 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KT4W
Operator(s): KT4W
Station: N3HBX

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  438
   40:  296
   20:  354
   15:   10
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to N3HBX for the use of his home station. This is a very good station.
KD4D was at the monster station about 10 miles away.

My activity was part of the PVRC push. A few comments:

Never worked so many WY stations. They used to be rare. I know that it's one
skip to WY.

Skip must have been just right to TN and MN. They all had big signals.
SC still seems rare. ME was loud early, that indicates long skip. It makes
working all the 2 call area harder than at higher flux.

I think all sections had at least two operators. It was good to hear two VY1
stations in there for hours.

With the low flux and A index, it was hard to hear others on 20, so finding a
run frequency was a challenge. A little backscatter is a good thing.

This was my first attempt at SO2R, that's a new aspect. If the spots change to
the alternate band, it would make finding new Qs easier. That's a fairly
complex change to the program.

With everyone on computer logging, it was interesting to hear so many queries
about my section. Yes, it's officially Maryland-DC. I usually gave "Mary-land."
I heard a lot of the MDC ops giving the section phonetically as MDC. We're the
only Section that crosses a political jurisdiction. Until the early 60s, the
section was MDD, so it included Delaware as well. If DC were a section, it
would be VERY rare. There are only about 600 hams in DC. Searching QRZ shows
very few with a DC address.

73, Ray