[3830] SS SSB KD0S(WD0T) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd0t@mncomm.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB KD0S(WD0T) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 01:43:12 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: KD0S
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: KD0S

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SD
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  274
   40:  508
   20: 1109
   15:    4
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Thanks to Jim- KD0S and family for allowing me to invade and use this very new
but excellent station!  Only had antennas and radios set up for 3 weeks at this
new QTH!
This time as opposed to CW SS, everything worked perfectly.  No RFI issues to
deal with, just equipment working as it should which was really nice.  We
didn't have up all the antennas we wanted due to weather, but that will come
with time.
Started on 20m, and had really solid hours of 144,170, and 124. Actually the
first 10 hours ended up well over 1000 Q's. By the break time at 0756 hours had
only ND and VY1 to finish the sweep.  Bands seemed to be very good from here,
especially 20 and 40m, with some deep QSB on 40m.  80m was wall to wall, and
was CQ'ing up to 3970 at times!
Sunday I started on 20m and carved out a spot on 14.286, spending most of the
day there, until I had to hunt down VY1 later in the day. 15m was very long for
here, so didn't spend much time up there except to look for J, VY1JA. Thanks J
for getting on.  Got that mult knocked off, then to find ND! Wow, thats usually
pretty easy from here, but not this time.  Ended up going to 80m early Sunday
evening and CQ'ing around 3919, and an ND called in after coming off a net,
W0OSP! Thanks for calling.  Unbelievable it took that long!  Celebration and
then back to 80/40m cq'ing and S/P for some slow few hours.

Great contest, thanks again to Jim and family, and to all the Q's - great to
work the regulars and new folks also! Lots of 00-06 years, so thats
encouraging.

Got another tower and some more antennas to get up yet in the next year at this
station, so will continue to develop that.  It seems to work very well from
here. Right now, have a TH7 at 95 ft and a 2 ele 40 at 90 ft, with Inv Vee for
80/160m at 87 ft.  Plans are for another tower with similar hardware and also
sidemounted tribanders on both. Lots of work but great fun to operate!

73, Lord Bless! Todd WD0T