[3830] CQWW CW VE2TZT SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve2tzt@videotron.ca
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE2TZT SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 19:36:01 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE2TZT
Operator(s): VE2TZT
Station: VE2TZT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 34.30

  160:  304    15       41
   80:  276    17       50
   40:  357    19       59
   20:  777    24       71
   15:  357    21       45
   10:   28    10       17
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

It was a very pleasant contest with a station beginning powerful (at my level).
The propagation could have been better, but it is the same propagation for
every playersâ?¦

Some unexpected calls from rare DX stations during the runs, a short but funny
run with JA Saturday evening, many â??first callâ?? in very busy pileups and
some too rare but real and of course too short peaks at 200 qso/h have given me
great moments during this contest.

I want to especially thank the so many US stations who called me (57% of my
qsoâ??s), most of the time being very patient and disciplined in several
callers or weak signals situations.

Many improvements from last year, especially the 3el steppIR in replacement of
the HF6V vertical. But the antenna farm is not finished and, this weekend, I
had bad missed my brand new ordered 2 el  30/40 which was supposed to be there
for the contest (and must still be at the factory). Then for the 40m I used the
old 5 commuted folders who itself was supposed to be modified to become the 80m
antenna !
On 160m the 22m hight T with 32X20m radials works still very well and I have
now 3 beverages (N/S 85m, NE-SW 160m, W-E  200m) with one coax at each end
leading to 6 directions. Under construction, a 100m NW-SE to have the 8
directions, doubling in end-fire configuration of N-S for DX and NE-SW for
contest.
For the 80m, I used the 160m antenna with a box and many loosesâ?¦
Then, 10,15,20 and 160  antennas was ok and 80/40 poor.

European stations had no hears on 40 and 80 and I missed many mults calling
without success. Perhaps the geomagnetic storm is responsible.
I experienced a big increase of the noise coming fron EU on 20m on Sunday at
17h20 TU flooding EU signals and then stopping my run on 20m (sun or
neighborhood ?).

As, for the first time in this contest, I made an not-assisted entry, I
experienced the lake of spotting assistance and now, I better understand why
there are two different categories ! Especially, searching for mults, I got
often nervous waiting 10 or 20 qso before the mult to give his call ! The
reason : as many â??casualâ?? participants have the spotting assistance, they
are calling without verifying the call of the supposed mult and then the mult
himself (or herself) does not need to waste his time sending his callâ?¦
By the way, I still not understand, as for Dx pile-up, why so many callers are
expecting to establish a QSO  transmitting when the mult is transmitting and
listening when the mult is listening (for those who listen)â?¦

For all those reasons, my score is in lake of mults .

The primary target was 2000 qso (I have never ever did it before) and the
secondary target was 2.000.000 points. The second was probably missed because
of the first.

Began the contest with 2h late (connections to finish and technical problem
with the beverage switching box built previous nigh), to much accumulated
tiredness before the beginning of the contest had led me to too much sleep,
especially the two sunrises were lost: only 34h30 of operating time.

My best 73â??s and I expect to listen you next year with of course an always
better stationâ?¦