[3830] CQWW SSB K8AZ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tlee@taftlaw.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K8AZ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 12:16:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8AZ
Operator(s): K8AZ,K8MR,N8AA,ND8L. W8CAR,W8KIC,WB8K,WT8C
Station: K8AZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:   24    10       21
   80:   68    20       54
   40:  200    26       91
   20:  545    32      130
   15:  231    29      106
   10:   58    18       50
------------------------------

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

This was a contest when Murphy was definitely "in the house".   Inside, we had
failures of two separate amplifiers, a coax switch, and a logging computer.
Outside, a significant wind storm caused a rotator clamp on the 6L20/6L15 to
let loose and, later, the 4L40 began to spin on the mast.  We got all of the
inside stuff diagnosed, fixed and back on line by 00z on Saturday, and were
hoping for a much more focused second day. And then, at 0006, the AC mains
power went out....another casualty of the wind storm.  The power stayed out
until about 0130 Monday morning, so the contest was over 1/2 way through.  And
so it goes.

Many thanks to a great crew.  We still had a blast, and even the antennas were
fixed by CW SS.

73,
Tom, K8AZ