[3830] CQWW CW G2R(G0WAT) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, paul@g0wat.demon.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G2R(G0WAT) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 14:50:48 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G2R
Operator(s): G0WAT
Station: G0WAT

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: Welwyn Garden City
Operating Time (hrs): 32.5

  160:   84    46        7
   80:  350    65       13
   40:  212    68       13
   20:  168    60       19
   15:  215    63       22
   10:   32    24        9
------------------------------
Total: 1061   326       83  Total Score = 615,954

Club: Stevenage and District ARS

Comments:

Semi-serious effort from me this year...unfortunately the only antenna available
from a fairly hastily erected inverted L at 30ft vertical and 45ft horizontal
fed via a SGC230...contesting cutting edge is was not! and that only got put up
by 10pm on the Friday!..so it was all a bit last minute and I certainly could
have been more prepared and rested at the start of it...not too bad a result I
think, only manged to stay in the seat 32 1/2 hours so much more work needed on
'in the seat' technique....this I think is really the golden rule!

The crappy antenna did really did not help...evidenced by the lack of zones (I
just could not hear a lot of the moe exotic stuff, let alone work it)...this
was my first time in a full assisted mode...on the whole I feel it may be a
slight disadvantage for the LP entrant with poor antenna as you can end up
sucked into pointless fights for mults when another 'easy' and equally valid
mult is just around the corner!...this perhaps diluted the effort...still
ya'live'n'learn.

For next year...

Better seat!!!!...Bob (GU4YOX) was quite right this can be a surprisingly
limiting factor if you get it wrong...my arse was numb to say the least
The lack of acres chez'G0WAT may point the way to a single band entry as a more
competitive section
Make sure you are not working on 'stuff' up to the event...
Make sure the other house PC is working so that you don't have to give up the
operating desk/homework desk for the children to finish their R.E. or swot up
on homework subjects prior to Monday morning

25m Inverted L/SGC 230(borrowed for the event)/FT1KMP/100w/Microham Keyer and
Wintest...

73 de Paul G0WAT (G2R - Stevenage and District ARS Contest call)