[3830] CQWW CW W1MU SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mike@crv.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1MU SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:29:22 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1MU
Operator(s): W1MU
Station: W1MU

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: FN53
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1102    33      121
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1102    33      121  Total Score = 492,184

Club:

Comments:

I had a lot of fun.  I achieved my two major goals â?? 1000 Qâ??s and two full
nights sleep.  The highlight was the multiple types of long path propagation,
like working West Africans (3XD2Z, TU2CI) by beaming due west in the evening,
or working southeast Asia (9M6NA, 9V1YC) by beaming due south well after polar
paths had died.  The lowlight was missing some mults that should have been easy
(e.g., Zones 19 & 30).

Failed to get anything out of noontime (local EST) openings over the pole to
Asia.  Managed to snag VK9AA and JA5BJC doing that, but should have done much
better.

Rig here was an FT-2000 and an ACOM 1000.  Antenna was 5-over-5 using M2
20M5â??s.  See you all next year.