[3830] CQWW CW N2NI SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kassel@optonline.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N2NI SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 20:47:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2NI
Operator(s): N2NI
Station: N2NI

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Chappaqua, NY
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:   54    10       31
   80:  101    14       52
   40:  185    25       80
   20:  321    27       97
   15:  222    22       84
   10:   27    11       20
------------------------------
Total:  910   109      364  Total Score = 1,185,811

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I just moved to from my old home in Mt. Kisco (.29 acres) to my new home in
Chappaqua (1.19 acres).  Dropped wife and kids off at air port on Thursday.
Off to Florid they go to see the Grandparents.  I was going to start much
needed antenna work but it was raining so I had Turkey at a friends house.  The
weather gods where with me on Friday and did much needed antenna work.  Built
and put up a K2KQ (Don) double L antenna for 80/160 and took down a trap dipole
for 80/160.  Murphy made this a 9AM til dark affair.  Antenna was up but would
need re-supporting to make it family friendly.  I ran out of light and hung up
the lower elements where it would not be kid friendly.  Finally in the dark I
drove in the 8 foot ground rod and attached my station ground.

I know I am not supposed to do antenna work the day before the contest but it
is almost never that a weekend without family responsibilites comes along so
getting my wire farm functional was a priority.

New antenna played well and had fun Friday night.  Saturday was another
beautiful day.  Morning contesting and then a few more hours Antenna work.
First fixed up the wires on the 80/160 double L.  Next the G5RV I threw up when
we moved in, and was facing E/W, was taken down and put up facing NE/SW.  This
played a bit better into EU.  Back inside for more contesting.

Sunday I spend an hour or two cleaning up the Coax lines and ropes.

I was hoping to break 1000 contacts but considering all the antenna work I got
done, I am happy with my contest score.  This was a lot of fun and work.  Next
spring I will attempt to get my C3SS back up.  I miss it.

73,

Mike - N2NI