[3830] CQWW CW Soapbox - beta

To: 3830@contesting.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW Soapbox - beta
From: mwdink@eskimo.com
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 22:24:58 -0800
Hello All

If you are like me, you miss all the soapbox comments on 3830 during a big
test because
there is just so much email coming through. Who really wants to open all
that email? (That's
why we have score summaries.) Yet, there are a lot of interesting stories
and tidbits of
information out there after a major test.

So, I've taken a first pass at a "digest" of just the CQWW CW comments.
Obviously, this is
too big to email out so I've created a simple text file format that can be
downloaded
from my public FTP directory.  It's located at
ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/~mwdink/public/ and you
can download it from there if you are interested. Right click on the file
and do a
"Save target as..."  (The first file is CQWW_CW_SoapBox_Nov_27_2006.txt)

As I said, this is just a first pass and the results of a couple hours of
programming this
evening. It's difficult to format what amounts to free-form commentry so,
for starters, I've
just put in the callsign and the comments as they came. The comments are in
Callsign
alphabetical order so it's fairly easy to scroll to your area of interest
(maybe by
country or region). Since it's pure text, you can do a search pretty easily
if there
are callsigns you know you want to read commnets from (though you probably
already
went through the e-mail on those).  Those who didn't enter comments are not
included.
I do suggest turning on the "wordwrap" feature of your reader (even Notepad
has this).

I'm open to suggestions on whether this type of digest is of interest.
Also, constructive
comments on maybe how to format it better. I fully expect this to all be
available when
Bruce finishes his Summary Website but this is just a stopgap if there is
interest.
(I don't expect to do this for every test either, just when the email gets
too overwhelming
to open it all.)

Any comments, please send to me (not to 3830).

73
dink, n7wa
mwdink[at]eskimo[dot]com