[3830] CQWW CW EA9/OL8R(OK1FCJ) SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW EA9/OL8R(OK1FCJ) SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 14:05:50 -0800

QTH: Ceuta EA9

Station setup:
FT 857
Nbook + N1MM + Microham USB adapter
antennas
40,30,20,17,15,12,10 - Vertical SP7GXP
80 - Inv Vee at apex 10m
160 - LW 41m

I arrived to EA9 on Sunday previous week to be well prepared for upcoming
contest. I had nice QTH on tophil of the city with clear view to south Spain
(Andalusia), Gibraltar and direction to US. Hostel QTH was in the arabic part
of the city with well spoken spanish (unfortunately zero English). On Monday I
setup vertical. I worked just 2 hours on 17m making 250 QSO. Owner came to me
explaining that I do TVI to him and all neighbours around. I was allowed to
work from 02:00 am till noon each day. I decided same moment to leave that
place. In 20m2 one could count 10 different TV antennas beaming to all possible
and unxpected at once directions. I had no other QTH as backup prepared.

I had chance to leave EA9 or find something else. EA9LZ arranged another
location on opposite part of the EA9, small cottage colony and racing area. I
was moved to wodden cottage. Owner promised I can stay till Saturday. On that
day I would have to move to other cottage 200 meters distant. There were no
other option just to accept it or move cottage colony completely.

To cut short story, during contest I had to move from one QTH to another one
loosing 4.5 hours, another approx 2 hours I lost fixing broken 80m Inv Vee. Net
working time was approx 36 hours.

Within one week I had to set up into 3 different QTH;s and made totally 6400
QSO signing as EA9/OK1FCJ before and as EA9/OL8R during contest

73 Petr