[3830] CQWW CW CT8T(OH1NOA) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CT8T(OH1NOA) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 03:02:42 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CT8T
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: CT8T

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Near Coimbra
Operating Time (hrs): 34

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2964    36      132
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2964    36      132  Total Score = 985,320

Club:

Comments:

TS-870 + Alpha 91b
4/4/4el yagis, top rotating, middle fixed to EU, bottom fixed to NA
KT34XA fixed to EU

Theme for weekend: storm and rain - I have experienced such a bad weather
during CQWW only twice: at OH1F CQWW SSB 2006 and at CT3M CQWW CW 1989. It was
raining and storming all weekend, even had some thunderstorm.

Terrible winds had broken many of rotators at CT8T plus 80m antenna. So SOAB
was impossible this year. We lost electricity for 4 hours on Friday but it
returned one hour before the start. Plan was to operate 40m single band, but
3el yagi showed somehow high SWR, so only remaining option was 20 meters.
Operating on 20 meters was fun as long as it last. I could run pileups only
0800-2000z, totally 24 hours - running only 50 % of the best contest at the
fine location is quite waste of resources :( After 20z both days heard only
some Africa, SA and ZL6QH who was like a beacon (95% of qsos were made in 24
hours).

I missed some easy multipliers but as I had only "single VFO" radio, I didn't
want stop pileup much. I heard zones 29 and 31 (no luck), never heard 1 and 19.
Heard but not worked KH6, A45, 3V, J3, HR plus few others. Nice suprise was to
be called by Mike K9NW from T88MR. Asia and Oceania were hard as usual. JA long
path was good both days, but signals had very strong echo - hard to copy. The
best hour was 16z on Sat: 160 qsos.

North America   CW    0    0    0 1228    0    0 1228    39.3
South America   CW    0    0    0   63    0    0   63     2.0
Europe          CW    0    0    0 1592    0    0 1592    51.0
Asia            CW    0    0    0  183    0    0  183     5.9
Africa          CW    0    0    0   33    0    0   33     1.1
Oceania         CW    0    0    0   22    0    0   22     0.7

This was my 7th contest and 6th CQWWCW from CT8T. Thanks again to Santos family
(Santos CT1DVV, Rui CT1ESV, Teresa CT1YQM, Andre, Carla + others).

73, Timo OH1NOA