[3830] CQWW CW AD1C SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AD1C SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:55:17 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AD1C
Operator(s): AD1C
Station: AD1C

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    5     3        3
   80:   54    17       47
   40:   68    22       62
   20:   87    24       70
   15:  108    20       73
   10:   15    10       11
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Radio:     IC756 Pro III with AL-1200 amp (used sparingly)
Antennas:  G5RV at 35' (10m) high, HyGain AV-640 vertical
Software:  DX4WIN (imported into Writelog), no computer CW

The clock says 12 hours, but I was not continuously in the chair all that time.
 I had company to entertain, work (work) to do all morning Saturday until 2
p.m., and things to do around the house.  I sat down for a few minutes here and
there picking multipliers off of packet.  Like most DX contests from home, this
was just an opportunity to pick up needed band countries and new prefixes.
This time, I finished DXCC on 80m and 15m for 2006 (20 and 40 were already
done) and worked about a dozen new CW entities for the year.

I thought the 15M EU opening Sunday morning sounded good, but I had nothing to
compare it to.  I had no problem hearing/working Africa on 10M except 3B8/OM0C
whose pileup got too big (unfortunately missed 5A7A there too).  I was excited
to find and work VK9AA on 20 meters early Sunday afternoon.  I got up both
mornings around sunrise, but did not find much to work on 80/40 meters.

I worked some 40M before the New England-Chicago football game started at 2115z
Sunday, by the time half-time rolled around (2300z?) signals on 40M were WAY
DOWN.  Love that MUF!

I'm astounded at how close the W3LPL/K3LR/KC1XX M/M scores are!

73 - Jim AD1C