[3830] CQWW CW T93Y(@T93M) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW T93Y(@T93M) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 04:31:12 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: T93Y
Operator(s): T93Y
Station: T93M

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Nisici
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 2810    37      140
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 2810    37      140  Total Score = 956,862

Club: BHCC

Comments:

Equipment:
Transceiver: ICOM 756PRO-III + homebrew CIV interface
Amplifier: Alpha 8100
Antennas: 4/4 el. YAGI 24/10m high + vertical delta loop 7m high
Stacking device: T93M Desk Match
Computer: DELL Inspiron 640m + WinTest v3.6.1 + WinKey v10

After Danny, T93M was active in CQ WW SSB he proposed my activity in CW part of
the contest. I quickly agreed on that, with hope that there would not be any
snow at his 1007m asl QTH. At the end I was able to get to the place without
problems and really enjoyed nice and sunny weather which is not common at the
end of November. At the same time Sarajevo was freezing inside a thick layer of
fog which closed Sarajevo International Airport on Friday and which remain
closed as of today (Thursday)...

I arrived at the location on Friday around 1000UTC together with Senad T94CT
(ex. T95LSD). We unloaded the equipment and set-up 20m position in very short
time. I made some SSB QSO's to check whether everything is OK and let Senad
operating while I have enjoyed a nice weather and took some pictures. Later
Senad and I tuned 80m dipole to CW segment of the band so Edin, T97M, who
planned to operate 80m LowPower, would need to do it after his arrival around
1700UTC. After Edin arrived, we made quick setup of his station, make sure that
there is no interference between our stations and tried to get some rest before
the start of the contest.

I started the contest without the slightest idea what to expect. Friday
afternoon I spoke with OC Timo, OH1NOA (CT8T) who, because of the so many
problems at his location could not operate All Bands, also planned to operate
20m and who was thinking that it would be possible to reach 3000 QSO's and
score of 1M points. I thought that is OK for Portugal which is much closer to
USA and that more realistic number for Bosnia would be 2500 QSO...

I have finished with 2810 QSO which is closer to 3000 than 2500 (HI) and very
close to the Timo's million. I am happy with 140 countries worked but I am not
happy with the fact that I missed zones 31 and 36. I have heard Kan, KH6BK
sometimes deep into the EU Saturday/Sunday night but he could not hear me,
while S9SS was working only USA during the last hour of the contest. I really
wander what antenna he was using so he could not hear those strong EU MS/MM
stations. Other multipliers not worked are DU3NXE (heard at the same time as
KH6BK) and HR2DMR (could not go through USA wall on Sunday evening).

The only problem for a whole weekend were two 15 minutes power cuts. During the
first one on Sunday morning I let my CQ QRG and gone S&P with battery powered
radio, while during the second one I kept my QRG and my 100W signal was heard
all over the USA...

All of the equipment used operated without a single problem during the whole
weekend. Alpha 8100 is a really great piece of equipment and it was easily
running at 1500W for hours. Desk Match designed by T93M is the "magic box"
which allowed me to transmit a signal to different directions at the same time.
Contact Danny for more details about it or check http://www.myantennas.com

At the end I would like to thank Danny for letting me operate from his contest
QTH which will be equipped for SOAB operation next year. Thanks to everybody
who called during the weekend and gave this operator enough positive energy so
he does not need to switch radio for days after the contest :-)

QSL is OK via the bureau or via QRZ.COM address. Picture gallery is available
at:
http://www.t93y.com/slike/default-eng.asp?gallery=cqww2006cw&title=T93Y_CQ_WW_CW_2006_SO_20m

73's Boris T93Y