[3830] CQWW CW VP2MDG(K2DM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2dm@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VP2MDG(K2DM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 07:04:03 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VP2MDG
Operator(s): K2DM
Station: VP2MDG

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Montserrat
Operating Time (hrs): 41

  160:  228    12       34
   80:  315    19       57
   40:  754    24       71
   20:  785    27       72
   15: 1416    25       80
   10:  531    16       46
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Pileups were huge most of the time during the contest.  When I changed bands, it
took only about 3 contacts for the pile to build.  I was hampered a bit by my
rig failing to key my amplifier.  I rigged up a 'finger' switch to key the amp,
which made it difficult to send using the paddle.  As a result, I had to rely on
the computer to do most of the sending, which was awkward when I could only copy
partial callsigns.  It was also quite tiring.
Montserrat is a beautiful island with very friendly people, and it was a
pleasure to operate there for a second time.  Many thanks to Frankie, VP2MNI,
for his assistance and to David and Clover Lea, proprietors of Gingerbread
Hill.  David and Clover are very ham friendly and went out of their way to make
my operation a success.  I left behind a transceiver and a triband yagi so that
future ham guests to Gingerbread Hill can get on the air easily during their
vacations.  Feel free to contact me for information.