[3830] CQWW CW CT6A(CT1ILT) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ct1ilt@mail.telepac.pt
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CT6A(CT1ILT) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 13:27:24 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CT6A
Operator(s): CT1ILT
Station: CT6A

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN50RU
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:   82     6       39
   80:  584    22       98
   40: 1407    31      124
   20:  853    32      110
   15: 1195    31      113
   10:  340    21       66
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

I donâ??t have enough words to describe how happy I felt when I finished the
contestâ?¦

The preparation for the contest started very badly, I had been almost the
entire week in Porto preparing WIN-TEST in Laptop, and while that I ordered
this USB-PARALEL interface for WX0B box. When I get home from University on
Thursday Night and I try the adaptor and it doesnâ??t work, I just felt the
contest was over for me, even if it didnâ??t started yet. I really need to
thank my sister Cindia for borrowing me her PC, she was my saviour!!

I still had to put the 80m wire for Europe and tune it (which was not easy, due
to the limit of space and the proximity of the 160mt Dipole and), I  finished
the antenna work at ~1800UTC. When I got inside the house I was completely wet,
my mother looked at me and she said to me smiling, YOU ARE COMPLETELY CRAZY!!!
She said this because the entire Friday was raining like hell and I was outside
installing the antennas!!

This was my first time will full SO2R (still missing 6-pack, hand change band
for the 2 rigs (tnx Mike SM3WMV)). This time I had the second tower up with a 2
element Quad at 15mH performing better than my 10 element tribander at 23mH,
Thanks  Julio CT1ZW, for giving me this old HY-GAIN QUAD and daddy ,CT1CJJ for
all the support setting up the tower and having the quad ready for the contest,
was a tough Job!!

While putting the antennas up I had in mind that I had sleep at least 3 hours
to be able to do the 48 hours so I slept from 1900 to 2330 and I can tell you,
with that and some POWER RADE I was able to be awake almost the 48 hoursâ?¦.
You should have seen me after the contest =)

During the contest I experienced something fabulous, SO2R, now I know what Jose
CT1BOH meant when he told me once on the phone â??you will see the difference on
your score with 2 radiosâ??, I really want to thank him for lending me his SO2R
box, it performed very well.

The contest started beautifully with very nice high rates and lots of activity
especially from NA!

160- Well, I noticed I still had noise from my sister PC power supply. The
first night had lots of static due to the BIG storm and the TORNADO that passed
500 meters from our House, we here very lucky, (TNX GOD) no damaged caused to
any antenna, the second night was OK but 100w couldnâ??t do the job. I S&P most
of the time.

80- The scores shows the performance of the new antenna! Caribbean was so easy
to work, them seemed like local stations. The same with USA!

40- Very nice runs and lots of mults worked. 6Y1V was HUGE! As well as other
Caribbean and NA guys! Very nice propagation to Asia the second night.

20- My goal was having 1000 qsos on 10 15 and 20, unfortunately I donâ??t know
why I could not make 1000q on 20m. I think I spent too much time on 15m and 10m
trying to get mults.

15- Fantastic propagation to everywhere, Asia was very loud the 2 mornings! NA
all the time rocking!

10- I was lucky to be SO2R this time and work some easy mults. Most of my qsos
were with NA, Russia and Ukraine. I stayed until late on Saturday evening
working all these Caribbean guys. There were some peaks on their signs,
sometimes 539 sometimes 589. So I lost sometime working trying to work them.
Missed VP5W and a couple more. 9Y4AA, TZ5A and HC8N were HUGE!!

42% of the qsos were with North America

I had a lot of fun on this contest, and I am willing to do it many more times
who knows from where!

I used WIN-TEST and I make Joseâ??s CT1BOH words my words too â??you are
loosing if you are not using it.â??

73â??s Cu next one
Filipe Lopes aka 6Y3T
CT6A in CQW