[3830] TBDC W0MU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W0MU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 21:22:37 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W0MU
Operator(s): W0MU
Station: W0MU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MT
Operating Time (hrs): 2

Total:  QSOs = 32  Total Score = 202

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Elevation just short of 4000 ft...3752 plus 60ft for antenna height!

Operated just a short time from the Montana house.  Arrived to find S9-20 over
noise on most every band.  The NB worked some but not well.  The rabbit, who
moved into the tube that carries the control and coax cables for the receive
array, decided that those cables would be a tasty dessert.  No time or tools to
repair the cables.

Needless to say after about an hour and a half of nasty line noise I tossed in
the towel.  We also had a dinner engagement at 0000z that lasted until about
0500z.

Conditions did not sound great from MT. I heard just a couple of east coast
stations and managed to work one or two.  No dx was going to make it over the
terrible noise.

Was hoping to put in a decent over night effort but it was not to be this year.
  Congrats to all.  Always a fun contest.

Rig: Yaesu FT-897 into the 75v that I extended on the ends for 160.

I think the transmit side of things was surprisingly better than expected.  A
shame I could not hear!

Mike W0MU