[3830] TBDC N5IA(@W7MCO) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N5IA(@W7MCO) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 06:18:45 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N5IA
Operator(s): N5IA
Station: W7MCO

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: DM52
Operating Time (hrs): 8
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 153  Total Score = 2,076

Club: Cactus Radio Club

Comments:

I broke my own rule and gave up on the band shortly after 0800.  I felt like the
opposite of the spotlight effect was taking place.  Lots of QRN from the
lightning storm along the gulf coast of Louisiana and Mississippi apparently
made it very difficult for most stations east of the the Mississippi to hear my
signal.

With nearly 24 hours since getting out of bed on Saturday morning, numerous
Sunday committments at church, and after more than 1/2 hour of getting no
answers to CQ and finding only one station with the 2nd radio who was new and
who responded to my call, I made the choice to let it go until next time.

PJ2 and KH6 were the only DX contacts.

Congrats to all the participants and the many great scores.  73, and Happy New
Year to all.

Milt, N5IA