[3830] TBDC PJ2/WB9Z(@PJ2T) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jerry@daca.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC PJ2/WB9Z(@PJ2T) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 09:16:45 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: PJ2/WB9Z
Operator(s): WB9Z
Station: PJ2T

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Netherland Antilles
Operating Time (hrs): 12

Total:  QSOs = 408  Total Score = 4,071

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

This was my 4th SPTBC operating from the PJ2T station.
THANKS to the folks of the Caribbean Contesting Consortium!

What a difference a couple days makes on TopBand.  I worked
22 JA's and VK6HD this morning (Jan 2).  VK6HD before his sunset
and way after my sunrise on a 11 thousand mile path!

Not so were the conditions during the Stew, no JA's or VK's
worked or even heard.  The Stew this year was about as much
fun as going to the dentist.  I operated 12 hours as there is
less than 12 hours of darkness here.  I was never so glad to
see the sun come up.

I started out before sunset here with strong signals coming from
K1LT, K9CS, K9DX and W9IU. After sunset settled in so did a strong
S7-S9 QRN level on the USA/NW beverage, I assume that was from all
the storms in the states.  Normally the noise level on the USA
beverage is S0 - S3.

Fortunately, the European beverage was working well and the noise
that direction was not as bad.  Thanks for all EU contacts including
4Z4DX.

QRN was not the only problem as deep QSB fades were brutal making
getting the grid square right quite challenging.

Sorry for asking for all the repeats... I hate when it takes a
couple of attempts for me to get the call right and then the guy
comes back with his grid square ONE time... COME ON.  If your not
going to be LOUD then send the grid square more than once.  The EU
stations are very good about sending the grid more than once.
Thanks again EU stations, most of you are VERY good TOPBAND operators.

Best DX and points:

ZL3IX, ZL3BSJ  27
4Z4DX, UA4HBW  22
UW2M, UU4JMG, RK3PA 21

Hope to work some of you in the upcoming ARRL RTTY ROUND-UP,
I'll be signing PJ2T in that one.

73
Jerry PJ2/WB9Z