[3830] TBDC ON5KQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC ON5KQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 11:38:33 -0800
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: ON5KQ
Operator(s): ON5KQ
Station: ON5KQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: jo10os
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 152  Total Score = 834

Club:

Comments:

First try with a temporary antenna on 160m from my new home qth... (different to
usual 40m contest place in JO11of)
Used only barefoot FT-1000MP with a 21m vertical with 2x 20m inv.V toploadings.
Directly fed with 50Ohm Coax and about 80 radials (mostly 20m..30m long with 15x
40m also)
Only one very simple 2-wire 170m Beverage build the same evening....hi
Direction of beverage wires was 120degrees / 300degrees

No chance to here much in direction to JA and UA0 as well as southamerika...
Thanks to W1KM and others in USA having great ears...

Need to have an amp for better qso rate and distance on topband... more time
necessary to install permanent Beverages on the 28ha property here during the
wintertime...(we have corn and cows during the summer on the land...)

Hopefully the vertical can be enlarged to about 25m or more in spring...

Greetings,

ON5KQ, op Ulli