[3830] RTTY Roundup ZC4LI Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hodgson@cytanet.com.cy
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup ZC4LI Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 00:12:05 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: ZC4LI
Operator(s): STEVE
Station: ZC4LI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: ESBA CYPRUS
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:  006
   40:  350
   20:  262
   15:  214
   10:  000
------------
Total:  842  State/Prov = 30  Countries = 63  Total Score = 77,562

Club:

Comments:

SO1R  NO Spots

Antennas:-  C/Craft A3S @  50ft  Titanex 160HD
Amp:-       Acom 1000 @ 750 Watts
Rig:-       Icom-756 [original]

Thanks to the organisers and to everyone for the Q's
I just didn't seem to have the enthusiasm this weekend
and was content with CQ'ing into the ether and watching
sport and films on the TV, this lack of interest resulted
in a third less Q's than last year.
I even tried a few PSK31 Q's to try to get myself motivated
but to no avail.
Hope that I can regenerate my enthusiasm b4 the CQWW 160
and BARTG Sprint weekend!!
Condx were pretty good, although I didn't venture around
the bands much.
Best hour was 76.
Highlight of the contest was being apprehended and cautioned
by a CW Band policeman {who was using RTTY} when I strayed
onto 7032 in the hopes of working some JA's.
He said that the police were out in force and that any
transgressors would be entered into his little black book
and their names and callsigns would later be published on
a ''page of shame'' in Radcom.
So, if you also strayed be prepared to see your name and
callsign published on the shameless page.
Lucky for me my call starts with a Z so I shud be at the
bottom of the list of possibly hundreds of shameless ones,
and people will have got bored reading it by the time they
reach me.
The police as he said were out in force and were using RTTY
to send a load of gibberish between 7030 and 7035, presumably
to deter contesters. Guess it worked as I moved up band only
to find myself among the SSB guys where I couldn't find a clear
spot to continue my lacklustre CQ'ing.
Surely with a band stretching from 7000 to 7200 we could make
a bit more provision for CW and especially RTTY in the Bandplans.

73 and hope to cu on the unfeasibly narrow RTTY bands. Steve.