[3830] RTTY Roundup N3XLS(@N3KAE) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3kae@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N3XLS(@N3KAE) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 08:21:58 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N3XLS
Operator(s): N3XLS N3KAE KA3QLF
Station: N3KAE

Class: M/S LP
QTH: N3KAE
Operating Time (hrs): 23.9

------------
   80:  169
   40:  212
   20:  304
   15:   70
   10:    0
------------
Total:  755  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 48  Total Score = 77,010

Club:

Comments:

What a fantastic weekend and one full of "firsts"!  First time we had three
elements on the TA-33, (last year the reflector blew off just before RU and we
ran in "180 mode").  First time we used the DX Cluster.  First time we were
serious about competing in the MS LP category.  First time we had a third op
and a first time for Scott, KA3QLF in a RTTY contest.

Day one of course, started with extreme optimism but seemed to just go slow.
We had plenty of NA and SA, but couldn't buy EU.  This was our swan song right
up until our planned 0600z long break.  Low and behold 40m opened wide for us
and we were able to land 7 Mults.  We heard at least that many more, but they
just couldn't hear us.  We bagged it at 0615z.

Day two, unfortunately, started with extreme pessimism.  We only had 365 logged
with 70 Mults and just couldn't figure what we were doing wrong.  We hopped 20m
would open for us and it did at 1200z.  After only an hour running 80m and 40m
we S&P'd 20m and found a boatload of EU.  15m opened to EU a few hours later
for more Q's but no new Mults.

All in all a wonderful time!  Having Scott over to play radio was great and I
hope he had a great time.  Most fun moment was a nice run on 20m that netted
>100 Q's on 20M in 90 minutes.  Ordinary for some, but outrageous @N3KAE.  Most
memorable moment was N3XLS just before our closing @ 2300z. Drying up CQing 20m,
he looks at the cluster and sees KL7DX just 25kHz below.  He says "Ah let me try
'em", and gets 'em on the second call!  Thanks for being there KL7DX!