[3830] NAQP CW NO5W Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NO5W Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 09:12:30 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:  250    46
   20:  132    35
   15:   37    15
   10:
-------------------
Total:  419    96  Total Score = 40,224

Club:

Team: Austin Powers Tamales

Comments:

CW's alive and well in NAQP, fun contest as usual with good participation.

This was the first time in several runnings of NAQP that I've operated from
home, with my 20m and 40m wires at 25 feet, so I was a little concerned about
holding up my end of the Austin Tamale. But I was pleasantly surprised
especially with the performance on 40M. When I went to 40M at around 2200Z I
thought that it was a bit early, especially since I had no antennas for 80/160
and would need no time there. However, there didn't seem to be much left on 20M
so I decided to try 40M. Arriving there I found a good bit of activity already
in progress and after a couple of S&P sweeps of the band with some good results
I found an open spot and decided to see what I could do running a few. Well I
felt loud and must've been cause I was able to hold the frequency until 0030Z
when I decided to take a quick break for dinner. And during that time the rate
meter climbed to 120 and stayed there for almost 30 minutes and above 90 for
most of the remainder. While not earth-shaking by many standards its unheard of
in previous operations from my station.

Thanks to all for the Qs.

73/Chuck/NO5W