[3830] NAQP CW N5OE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5oe@nctwb.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5OE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 11:06:42 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N5OE
Operator(s): N5OE
Station: N5OE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 7.0

  160:   85    28
   80:  112    34
   40:  132    43
   20:  126    40
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  455   145  Total Score = 65,975

Club:

Team: Parker County Posse

Comments:

Well this was certainly not an outstanding effort and result as can be seen here
by the score. I got a 1.5hr delay on getting started on 15m and 20m, and then
right when 80m was starting to take shape for me here, I had another 3 hour
delay with only 15q's in the log.
Local WX/ICE conditions had ALL my antennas that could rotate, stuck in place.
Fortunatly I locked the rotatable tribander NE the night before, and with a
fixed tribander on the same tower set to the NW I was able to still take part
in some good antenna switching despite the fact of a 3.1 swr on 10 and 15, but
20m was usable at a 2.1swr :)  Thankfully these antennas dont have much F/B and
this scenario works for 360deg coverage more or less:)

40m,80m and 160m were pretty good here, this is the first contest from this qth
that I actually had TWO receive antennas to play with! In previous efforts I was
locked into a 750' NE/sw RX pattern only, but with the addition of a short 150'
SE/nw antenna a week before, I was truly excited and pleased with the results
from this meager setup. It is so nice to switch RX antennas and it make the
differance on 80 and 160 between getting the exchange info on the first call
rather than sending a few ?'s.
I have to mention that working a lot of VE's, an XE and a V31 on 160m were the
highlights for me,,,it should be obvious now that I have the famous top band
disease.
Overall this was another great contest with loads of great operators, I feel
this was a successful effort from this end with improvements in overall Q's and
rates from last year. This leaves me excited and anxious for the next one!