[3830] RTTY Roundup W1BYH/HI3 Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup W1BYH/HI3 Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:29:56 -0800
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: W1BYH/HI3
Operator(s): W1BYH
Station: W1BYH/HI3

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DOMINICAN REPUBLIC
Operating Time (hrs): 2

------------
   80:
   40:
   20:  16
   15:  11
   10:
------------
Total:  27  State/Prov = 15  Countries = 7  Total Score = 594

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Really looked forward to working most of the Roundup from this DX location, but
Murphy struck again!  Didn't get operational until 1700 on Sunday, due to
airline and travel hangups - then hoped to work 40 meters, but location didn't
allow for a dipole higher than about 10 feet. Couldn't hear much with the high
noise level and apparently poor propagation.  Did get on 20 and 15 with a
ground-mounted mobile antenna, but very few stations heard at my QTH. No
Northeast stations heard,except VA1CHP, and several western states.  Made it in
to South America and Caribbean though.  It was an "interesting" and challenging
time - maybe next time !  Thanks for the contacts I did make.  Got to enjoy
some nice sunshine and warm breezes!

73  Norm  W1BYH/HI3