[3830] NAQP CW W4ZW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w4zw@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4ZW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 10:18:39 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: W4ZW
Operator(s): W4ZW
Station: W4ZW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

  160:
   80:
   40:   82    34
   20:   51    26
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  133    60  Total Score = 7,980

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team:

Comments:

Didn't think I would have any time to get in this one, but when a ham friend who
was walking on the beach in front of my house called to tell me I should check
my SteppIR I took time to fix  it and then ran the guys for a while.
Starnge thing with the SteppIR; one side of the reflector had somehow worked
loose and it was hanging almost straight down.  Good thing I've not had time to
be on since the 10M contest, because tuning the SteppIR or rotating it would
have been disastrous.  Simple fix after getting to it by simply reinserting the
fiberglass tube back into the rubber sleeve and drive housing.  I checked the
others while I was at it, and they all were secure.
Was testing the antenna and there I went off on a mini NAQP run for about an
hour or so.  Nothing like fresh blood to get the run rate cooking!