[3830] NAQP CW N8II Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8ii@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N8II Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 06:10:45 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

  160:  107    38
   80:  128    38
   40:  116    41
   20:  169    39
   15:   49    17
   10:    3     3
-------------------
Total:  571    76  Total Score = 100,496

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC #1

Comments:

I was feeling none too peppy or motivated all day Saturday, so the end
 result wasn't up to what it could have been, but respectable. My first
 QSO wasn't until 1830 after spending a lot time in the kitchen
 cleaning up other's crud and walking the dog. 15 was about as expected
 to a bit better, but CA was weak enough that some around S1-3 couldn't
 even hear me and everyone on backscatter was deaf or busy on the 2nd
 radio. Condx were better to CA thru WA around 20Z but activity was sparse
 by then. 20 was OK for about an hour, but rate dropped; I did manage a few
 backscatter Q's there and the skip zone was as short as MN and LA. I went
 to 40 at 21Z which seemed to be a good time with the skip zone as short
 as OH, NC, and NY. Once the skip lengthened, my running on 40 was over,
 but I made a good S&P pass across the band working several mults and
 lots of CA. 80 was good for a nice rate running for about 1.6 hours
 at 2315Z. I hit 160 a bit too early around 0230Z, but the rate/mults
 were good enough to keep at it. Around 03Z, 160 was a hummin'.

   Thanks for the Q's and sorry for the less than full time effort and
 somewhat low score. NS3T, put me over 100K right at the end with a
 QSY up the bands, thanks Jamie! Until then, I had only worked MD on 80M
 and 160M.  Total actual operating time was about 7.1 hours; best hours
 were 90 Q's in 19Z hour on 20, 99 Q's in 00Z hour on 80, and 98 Q's
 from 0232-0331 mainly on 160. One of the most pleasurable parts of the
 NAQP is running into contest friends that I've worked many times.