[3830] NAQP CW N5UM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5um@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5UM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:45:52 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: N5UM
Operator(s): N5UM
Station: N5UM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Oklahoma
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:    0     0
   80:    1     1
   40:  102    38
   20:  107    32
   15:   10     5
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  220    76  Total Score = 16,720

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Rig: IC706Mk2G
Antenna:  1/2 size G5RV run around ceiling in living room of 2nd floor
apartment
Power Out:  Generally 50W (sometimes up to 100 if needed)

Wasn't sure if I would be able to get on the air for this one.   I was hoping
to do a multi with W5TM at his place, but the WX turned bad on Friday and
travel out there would have been difficult.  I'm living in an apartment now, so
had to come up with a quick solution.   I had the 1/2 size G5RV coiled up in a
box and decided to give it a shot.  Worked surprisingly well, especially on
40M.   Tried to force some 80M RF into it, but not with much success.

Sorry to those I was not able to hear (noise level was about S6 or so most of
the time) - hopefully I can come up with a better antenna for next time.   I'll
be actively looking for a more antenna-friendly QTH in the spring/summer.

73 and thanks for the Q's

Al N5UM
Oklahoma City, OK