[3830] NAQP SSB K4RY(KI4DVI) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, huffcar@auburn.edu
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4RY(KI4DVI) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 13:13:03 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K4RY
Operator(s): KI4DVI
Station: K4RY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Auburn, AL
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   41    18
   20:  113    31
   15:   35    11
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  191    61  Total Score = 11,651

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Team: Alabama Contest Group Team #1

Comments:

I had a great time getting the Auburn University Amateur Radio Club station on
the air for something other than Field Day!  I didn't have as much luck in the
contest as we were hoping that I would, but the club picked up a new member and
had an old member rejoin.  To me, that made the questionable score more
acceptable!

I was never able to get a good run going. I tried several times and it never
really got momentum.  I'll have to practice my fishing tactics and see if I can
improve.  Also, it is obvious that we HAVE to get some antennas up for the low
bands to be competitive.  Late in the evening I was working in excess of 10
minutes each to pull out the last 15 contacts.

Thanks to all the members of the Alabama Contest Group for allowing me to
participate on your team.  Hopefully, my participation was beneficial!  It
looks like everything will come together for K4RY to participate in the RTTY
contest.