[3830] NAQP SSB N1LN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1ln@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB N1LN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:31:26 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 6.0
Radios: SO2R

  160:    0     0
   80:  187    41
   40:   39    23
   20:  158    33
   15:   44    13
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  428   110  Total Score = 47,080

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

This contest quickly changed from the possibility of operating for the full 10
hours to just squeezing in 6.0 hours.   Between going out shopping with my wife
(from 21:00UTC to 23:00UTC), dinner (24:00 - 01:00) and then extending dinner to
watch a DVD (until 03:00) -- and, no antenna for 160, well - 6 hours was about
it.

As with NAQP-CW, 75/80 turned out to be the most fun.  My high burst rate was
180 with the best 60 minute rate hitting 124.  Actually the final 90 minutes of
operating was all 75 meters (except for 5 Qs on 40) and averaged a rate of 124.
The little inverted-V continues to amaze me.  Today I adjusted the length back
to CW and my first Q was with VU7RG - FIRST CALL.  Location - Location -
Location.  Can't wait for the big antennas to get completed.

I just could not get a run going on 20 - and FORGET 40 due to my off time
schedule and with the international broadcast. So 15, 20 and 40 were mostly
S/P.

My final Qs were around 04:24 and 04:29 with a couple of my Houston buddies.
First Mike - K5NZ - called me.  While still talking to Mike, Colin - KU5B -
came on frequency and we talked for a few minutes.   With them in the log -
PULL TO PLUG.   Game over.

Thanks to everyone for the Qs - see you next time.

73,
Bruce - N1LN