[3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bobh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W0BH Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 09:32:42 -0800
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   59    23
   80:  155    44
   40:  212    47
   20:  391    45
   15:   39    16
   10:   19    11
-------------------
Total:  875   186  Total Score = 162,750

Club:

Team:

Comments:

When I left for the Saturday morning ham club meeting it had just started to
snow.  By the end of the meeting there was an inch on the ground and it just
kept coming.  A perfect day for inside fun like the NAQP SSB!

15 was open to Canada from Kansas again at the start but not many answering
CQs, so once again I ran 20 and played S&P on 15. Solid 100+ hour average for
the first three hours, then went to 40 even earlier than I did in the NAQP CW.
I kept checking 15 and 10 on the second radio and heard K4JNY in TN on 15
around 2300Z, then W4NTI in AL on 10 about 20 minutes later.  CQd 15 for awhile
and picked up some mults, then found out the southeast stations could work me on
10, too, so moved about ten mults to 10.  Lots of surprised voices when they
heard me come back!  The rate wasn't great that hour, but the 20 mults I wasn't
expecting was a real bonus.

Since I played too long on 15 and 10, I ended up taking my two hours during
hours 8 and 9 after a 120+ hour 7 which only left 3 hours to work 80 and 160. I
know .. strategy is everything and that wasn't too bright but it sure was fun!
Should have CQd 20 or 40 instead of 15 and then moved southeast stations from
there to 15 and 10. After a nap, 80 was good.  I ended up spending most of my
time around 3680. The new SSB bandwidth really helped but I'll have to rethink
my antenna tuning for SO2R.  160 was a tough go this time around .. did better
on CW.

Overall, I missed NU, YT (heard one), NWT, LB, PEI and HI.

Four stations worked on all six bands:
K0WA (good to hear Lee on again from 10 miles away), K4JNY, NE9U, WB8JUI

Three stations worked on five bands:
N0LRA, N4PN, W5WMU

Seven stations worked on four bands:
K9NS, N4NM, NA4K, VE3CX, W0BR, W4NTI, WW4LL

Thanks to all for the Qs! Until next time ...

73, Bob, w0bh