[3830] CQ160 CW W1NN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hal@japancorporateresearch.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W1NN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:51:51 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: W1NN
Operator(s): W1NN
Station: W1NN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 5:12

Total:  QSOs = 328  State/Prov = 46  Countries = 4  Total Score = 37,800

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Very fun.

Too tired from business travel to put in many hours.  Shack and antenna are
still in a very temporary state (haven't even unpacked my best rig) and have
not had time to put 220 in the shack so couldn't use the amp.  (Not sure it
still works since I haven't used it since 1999.)  Still, it's fun to see what
you can do with a TS-930 with a wide filter and a low wire.  Didn't spend much
time chasing DX mults with this setup but was happy to work KP4, KP2 and CN2 in
the last five minutes.  West Coast was surprisingly loud and some could even
hear me.  (It's a lot easier from OH than from CT.)  Having grown up in the
days when LORAN made this band mostly useless, I still really appreciate the
huge chunk of quiet spectrum we have and being able to work so many stations in
such a short time.

73,  Hal W1NN