[3830] CQ160 CW K7RL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K7RL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 18:55:09 -0800
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  QSOs = 564  State/Prov = 54  Countries = 13  Total Score = 105,190

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

So many great contests, so little time.  I was only able to get on the first
night and found conditions quite good.  The band was unusually quiet which made
operating a pleasure, especially considering I lost the use of my RX antennas
due to storm damage.

I apologize to those I could not pull out of the muck, including DX stations
G4AMT, SM3CEW, and any others.  A special thanks to R1FJT, T32MO, RW1ZA, and
NH6P that fought the QSB waves to make it into the log.  I can't help but think
many more QSOs would have been possible with good RX antennas.  Something to
work on.

One other observation:  In the early hours before sunrise, working in the lower
JA window, several loud JA stations sent their call on my frequency.  I'd
immediately respond, but it was clear they were working someone else I could
not hear.  After changing frequencies, it kept happening again and again.

Perhaps these stations were operating split?  Or maybe another layer of
stations underneath me not readable here?

Any seasoned CQ WW 160m contesters that happen to read this, I'd love to know
the answer.  It was a bit frustrating not to get those loud 10 pointers in the
log.

Thanks to all the great ops for the Q and the fun!

73 de Mitch, K7RL